Still I have deep faith in humanity and I know peace is possible. The first peace, which is the most important, is that which comes from the souls of people. Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Peace is a long journey every one of us must take steps to achieve that. We are made of different colors and we have different cultures. We are all different! We need to learn to accept and love differences in the world.
International Day of Peace is observed on September 21st each year. On this day, the UN urges all hostilities to stop and embrace every one with love. Sometimes unofficially this day is called as World Peace Day. The day was established in 1981 by the United Nations General Assembly and in 2001, the General Assembly voted to designate the day as a period of non-violence and ceasefire.
To mark the day, here is 16 famous quotes with images about peace.
1. “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” — Mahatma Gandhi
2. “Only the brave men and women can bring peace to the world, not by practicing war but by practicing nonviolence.” — Amit Ray
3. World peace must develop from inner peace. Peace is not just mere absence of violence. Peace is, I think, the manifestation of human compassion. — Dalai Lama
4. We are not on a journey to become the same or to be the same. But we are on a journey to see that in all of our differences, that is what makes us beautiful as a human race. — C. JoyBell C.
5. “The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.” — Marianne Williamson
6. “The light of compassion opens the petals of the heart. When the petals of the heart unfold fragrance spreads across the valley.” — Amit Ray
7. “Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.” — Albert Einstein
8. “Mankind must put an end to war – or war will put an end to mankind.” — John F. Kennedy
9. “If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.” — Nelson Mandela
10. “If you want peace, stop fighting. If you want peace of mind, stop fighting with your thoughts.” — Peter McWilliams
11. “If you judge people you have no time to love them.” — Mother Teresa
12. “If there is harmony in the home, there will be order in the nations. When there is order in the nations, there will peace in the world.” — Confucius
13. “It isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
14. ‘If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other. — Mother Teresa
15. “If we are to have peace on earth, our loyalties must become ecumenical rather than sectional. Our loyalties must transcend our race, our tribe, our class, and our nation; and this means we must develop a world perspective.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
16. “Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.” — Gautama Buddha